Time to Travel by Mags Woodcock
Oblong large plaque from Samantha K
Vintage Clock Sign from Samantha K
Distress Ink pad and inking tool
Scrapbook paper ( I used Stamperia)
Black Archival ink pad
Heavy gel medium
DecoArt crackle paste or paint
Tim Holtz Paper Dolls
Cheesecloth or muslin
Hello, Mags here ,today I am sharing a hanging plaque with a vintage travel theme.
I love vintage inspired projects that tell a story and this one certainly does.
- Attach a base layer of scrapbook paper to the oblong plaque, sand the edges until smooth.
- Tear a coordinating paper to create a second layer across opposite corners, ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink and apply with PVA glue. Sand the edges again to neaten.
- Tear a second layer of paper, making it slightly smaller than the first, again ink and apply before sanding the edges.
- Apply crackle paint or paste to the MDF clock and set aside to dry naturally.
- Add random stamping to areas of the paper which lack interest, I concentrated on the edges of the plaque.
- Colour the muslin with watered down distress ink and dry with a heat gun, glue to the base of the plaque with gel medium
- Add vintage themed ephemera to tie in with the theme, I used vintage postage stamps, a tram ticket and postcard ephemera.
- Mount your chosen paper doll on foam pads and position him or her to stand on the muslin.
- Finish the project by adding Distress ink to the dried crackle paste and then gluing the clock at the top half of the plaque as shown. Add a string hanger.
I would love to see what you create inspired by this project so please share in the Facebook group mentioning this blog post and tagging me.
Have fun and happy crafting.
Our Facebook Group is Samantha K Mixed Media and Crafting ( which can be found HERE) We would love you to come and join us!
To keep up to date with the blog and for exclusive offers and discounts why not Sign up for the Samantha K newsletter?