Butterfly Canvas by Mags Woodcock
Woodland Nature stamp set from Samantha K.
Butterfly Panel from Samantha K
Square canvas, used in reverse.
White Gesso, I used Pebeo.
White texture paste, I used DecoArt
Distress Ink pad
Black Archival ink pad
Heavy gel medium
White gel pen or fine Posca pen
Hello, Mags here, today I am sharing the reverse canvas I created for a recent Hochanda show.
- Spread texture paste onto the edges of the reverse of the canvas to cover the joins in the canvas and the staples.
- Once dry measure and fit a panel of scrapbook paper into the recess,
- Add Distress ink to the texture paste to highlight the texture.
- Stamp wording onto the scrapbook paper
- Randomly stamp script onto the frame and paper
- Gesso the Butterfly panel, once dry colour with Sharpie Markers.
- Add details with a white gel pen
- Attach the butterfly panel to the canvas with heavy gel medium
I would love to see what you create inspired by this project so please share in the Facebook group mentioning this blog post and tagging me.
Have fun and happy crafting.
LINKS – Blog firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Facebook Group is Samantha K Mixed Media and Crafting ( which can be found HERE) We would love you to come and join us!
To keep up to date with the blog and for exclusive offers and discounts why not Sign up for the Samantha K newsletter?