House Journal – By Emma Blake
MATERIALS/ITEMS LIST –
Black ink pad
1. I gessoed the houses and journal and then cut the tabs off the bottom of the houses and sanded them down.
2. I painted the houses and dried them, then I then doodled some bricks and detail onto the houses, and used the paints to add depth and shade.
3. I then used a honeycomb type stencil and texture paste on to the journal, you can speed up the drying process with a heat gun.
4. I then used spray acrylics to add colour to my journal in a rough way, it does not have to be perfect. I then used a black ink pad to go over the texture to bring it out and around the edges of the journal.
5. I then added some circles with a stencil and texture paste along the top of the journal, once dry, I coloured the circles and some of the honeycomb shapes and used a grey watercolour pencil to go around the shapes to make them pop.
6. I added different fibres where I wanted the houses to be and glued the houses over the fabrics with gel medium, the fabric gives texture and depth to your project.
We would love to see what you create so please share in the Facebook group
To keep up to date with the blog and for exclusive offers and discounts why not Sign up for the Samantha K newsletter?