Toadstool Tag – By Lizzie Dzadiek
MATERIALS/ITEMS LIST –
- Samantha K Large mdf tag
- Samantha K woodland nature stamp set and Woodland nature etched MDF pieces
- Deco art white gesso
- Pentel super gold paint marker
- Faber-Castell pitt artist pens, cinnamon and sepia
- Royal and langnickel gold acrylic paint
- Coconut fibre
- Wood patterend cardstock
- Uniball signo white pen
1. Firstly I painted a light wash of gesso over the toadstool and when dry highlighted all the etched markings with a sepia brush pen.
2. I then coloured areas with the pentel gold pen and gesso.I repeated this process with the other mdf pieces.
3. Using craft card I die cut 2 pieces and painted with the gold acrylic paint.
4. After attaching the card stock to the tag, I smudged some gesso around the outline of the mdf shapes to highlight.
5. Using a fan brush I added some splatters of gesso, when dry I layered the die cuts over the coconut fibre and glued in place adding the mdf pieces.
6. For the whimsical flowers I stamped on to card stock and cut into them to create smaller flowers, colouring with the pitt pens and shaping by hand to add dimension….
Really enjoyed this little project working with this collection of goodies, hope you will share your makes on Samantha k mixed media and crafting facebook group, Lizzie
We would love to see what you create so please share in the Facebook group
To keep up to date with the blog and for exclusive offers and discounts why not Sign up for the Samantha K newsletter?