Fungi Canvas – By Suzi Baker Mckenzie
MATERIALS/ITEMS LIST –
White paint pen
Good Morning All,
Hopefully you all managed to grab yours yesterday during Sam’s wonderful shows on Hochanda.
Here’s my card featuring the large Fungi stamp along with the greenery stamp;
I think these stamps are my favourite from the set, well maybe today’s favourites, such a great stamp set, with lots of wonderful images, and they are brilliant quality and stamp beautifully every time.
Here’s how I made my canvas;
- First of all I took a 5 x 7 inch canvas board which I’d previous painted with a layer of Pink Florescent paint. I placed this into my stamping platform, and positioned my stamp where i wanted it. I then inked the stamp with clear embossing ink.
I then added Copper Kettle embossing powder, and heat set it.
2. I then stamped the image onto some scrap paper to create a mask.
3. I then stamped the greenery stamp on either side of the main image, covered with embossing powder and heat set it.
4. Then I placed the mask over the image again, took a sun stencil and applied clear embossing ink through the stencil before adding clear embossing powder.
5. I then heat set the embossing powder.
6. I then started to add some more colour to my canvas, using Acrylic Inks from ColourCraftLtd, first adding some Yellow. Then some Scarlet Acrylic Ink. Followed by Emerald Green and Dark Brown Acrylic Ink.
7. To finish the canvas, I added another layer of ink where I thought it needed it, along with White Paint Pen to brighten the Fungi, and add highlights.
I’m really pleased with how this turned out. I love working with Acrylic Inks, they dry so bright, and I love how you can layer them with any bleeding from previous layers. The addition of the white paint really brought the Fungi to life. I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing how I created this canvas.
Thanks for visiting with me today
Bye for now
We would love to see what you create so please share in the Facebook group
To keep up to date with the blog and for exclusive offers and discounts why not Sign up for the Samantha K newsletter?